Since K turns one year old, most of time I cook him same menu as ours. This time I cooked Crispy Honey Chicken for dinner. I get this recipe from Cafedelites.com but I changed a little into my version which is toddler friendly. So, when papa and K loves it then I’ll share it 😉.
- 6 chicken thighs with skin (you can also use chicken breast with or without skin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- seasalt and pepper
- season chicken with seasalt, pepper and garlic powder. leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- heat pan with medium heat, fried the chicken until cooked through (I cooked for 10 minutes each side). Set aside
- drain most of the excess oil from the pan, leaving about 2 tbsp
- add garlic and fry until fragrant, add honey, chicken broth, vinegar and soy sauce. mix well, put again the chicken into the pan. increase heat to medium – high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces (about 4-5 minutes)
- garnish with parsley and serve with warm rice.
Hope you guys like this recipe, if you make this don’t forget to tag us on Instagram!
Mama K 💋